Behavioral Husbandry Committee
The BHC exists to enhance the professional collaboration of ungulate behavioral husbandry.
To increase ungulate welfare through behavioral husbandry innovation.
During the 2017 AZA Mid-Year meeting, the Ungulate TAGs discussed implementing a Behavioral Husbandry Committee (BHC). The goals of this committee include:
- GOAL 1: Identify appropriate technology resources for posting existing and new information and making the information searchable.
- GOAL 2: Develop a survey to prioritize needs.
- GOAL 3: based on prioritized needs, develop workshops, webinars or presentations, compile existing resources.
- GOAL 4: Act as resource for troubleshooting training and enrichment obstacles
- GOAL 5: Behavioral husbandry committee will curate that section of the TAG meeting, by soliciting and selecting presentations, hardest to fill on the agenda.