Behavioral Husbandry Committee
During the 2017 AZA Mid-Year meeting, the Ungulate TAGs discussed implementing a Behavioral Husbandry Committee (BHC). The goals of this committee include:
- GOAL 1: Identify appropriate technology resources for posting existing and new information and making the information searchable.
- GOAL 2: Develop a survey to prioritize needs.
- GOAL 3: based on prioritized needs, develop workshops, webinars or presentations, compile existing resources.
- GOAL 4: Act as resource for troubleshooting training and enrichment obstacles
- GOAL 5: Behavioral husbandry committee will curate that section of the TAG meeting, by soliciting and selecting presentations, hardest to fill on the agenda.
We are looking to select candidates for the Ungulate BHC. We are searching for motivated individuals who have experience training and enriching a variety of ungulate species. Individuals selected must have demonstrated skills training new behaviors with positive reinforcement.
If you are interested in joining this committee, please send a short biography (250 words or less) acknowledging the skill set you have in advanced behavioral husbandry to Amy Schilz (firstname.lastname@example.org) and Becca VanBeek (Becca.VanBeek@oregonzoo.org) by June 15, 2017. Please share with your teammates or those you feel might have an interest in being a part of the committee.