AZA Equid TAG
The AZA Equid TAG was initiated in 1991. This TAG serves as an advisory group to AZA facilities for wild equid zoo and field conservation. The primary goals of the Equid TAG are:
- To continue to develop and refine wild equid management in AZA institutions.
- To support in situ programs promoting global wild equid conservation and biodiversity.
- To develop education programs which promote wild equid awareness and conservation.
- To promote research programs and to develop techniques that assist long-term management of wild equids.
- To provide links between in situ and ex situ conservation program
- To provide support for wild equid reintroduction efforts.
Equid TAG Mission Statement
To provide guidance and recommendations to AZA institutions regarding care and management
of wild equids in North America, and to facilitate activities and programs that support
global wild equid species and habitat conservation.